Take the Test
As a Band Member, Single Artist or Songwriter, perhaps you can answer the questions below. If so, you have a bright future. If not, Advantage Music Business Consultants, LLC can give you the Advantage you need to make it in the Music Business.
Do You Know the Answers to These Simple Questions?
- What are the two most important things to know that will help you get gigs for your Band or Act?
- What is the main purpose of a Publicity Package?
- When playing a gig, who should you try to impress the most?
- At what stage in your career would you look for a Booking Agent?
- Let’s say you don’t have a Booking Agent, but you have a Music Manager who really knows his / her job. What percentage of all your gigs should he / she book for you?
- What is the most important thing you can bring to a Record Label when trying to get a Record Deal?
- Explain the “Controlled Composition Clause” typically found in most Recording Contacts.
- What is the difference between a Mechanical and Performance royalty?
- What is the current statutory mechanical royalty rate?
- Under what conditions can a SR form be used to perform the duties of both a SR and a PA form?
- What is a Sync royalty and what is the current rate?
- What must you do to obtain a Copyright on your original song?
- When and how often must you renew your Copyright?
- Name at least four functions that a Music Publisher should perform.
- If a Music Publisher wants to work for you, what specifically will he or she want in return?
- Explain the benefits of what is commonly called the “Split Letter.”
So, how did you do? Did you know all the answers without having to run to a book or the internet? If not, don’t feel bad...you’re among the high percentage of Band Members, Performing Artists and Songwriters who also would fail the test. Don’t despair!
Today, the Music Industry and Entertainment Business is filled with opportunities to succeed and to make more than a decent living. Knowing how to get Band gigs and how to sell CDs or T-shirts in your home town is a good start, but it ignores most, if not all, of the other lucrative income streams that are available to Songwriters / Performers alike.
What if you could build your act in such away that it was consistently working at many of the top Venues within a 500 mile radius of your home? What if you were able to sell 15,000 combined copies a year of your last 4 CDs? What if you had the know how to pull in $20,000 per year in Merchandise? How would it feel to be offered a Music Publishing deal or a Recording Contract because they approached you rather than you having to chase them? It doesn’t have to be a dream. It’s not rocket science.
At Advantage Music Business Consultants, LLC, we can give you the tools and information you need to understand the Entertainment Business and easily answer questions like those above. We can’t do the work for you, but we can help you understand the Music Industry better and assist you in putting together a plan that, if followed, will work. This is not an offer to make you “rich and famous” nor is it a promise to make you a “star.” Anyone or anybody offering something like that is nothing more than a scam artist. What Advantage Music Business Consultants, LLC offers is an opportunity for you to learn, from those who have been in the trenches, what you need to do to accomplish the goals and attain the level of success you desire. Just how “rich and famous” you become is ultimately up to you. Remember, there is no one in the Music Industry or Entertainment Business who will do more for you and treat you more honestly than the person in the mirror. Learning the business inside out and having a great plan is your Advantage.
Which of the following are you?
- Are you a Performing Artist? Do have a Band?
Advantage Music Business Consultants, LLC will teach you what you need to know about how to promote and advertise your Band, how to find places to play, how to get band gigs (band jobs) and how to position yourself for a Record Deal. Not interested in a getting a Recording Contract? We will advise you how you can be your own Record Company.
- Are you a Songwriter?
We will be happy to explain the complicated jungle of Song Publishing, Performance Rights Organizations, Mechanical Royalties, Performance Royalties, Sync Royalties, Foreign Rights, Song Copyrights, BMI, ASCAP & SESAC. We will help you understand how to "sell" your Songs as well as how to find a Music Publisher. Are you interested in self Publishing? We can show you how and explain why or why not it might be an option for your music.
So, what must you do and how does it work?
The first thing to do on your road to success is be ready to learn. That’s where Advantage Music Business Consultants, LLC comes in. Simply click here and, through the magic of the internet, you will be taken to a page that will show you how easy it is to learn, what you must do and what the typical costs are. Remember, “An education is something you will never regret.”